Initial Appointment / First Visit
A parent or legally documented guardian or foster parent must accompany the child to their first appointment. We will be discussing the child’s diagnosis and modes of treatment which may require sedation or hospitalization consent forms; therefore it is essential that only those who are legally allowed to make decisions on the child’s behalf are present at the initial appointment. If anyone other than the parent brings the child who cannot legally document their guardianship, the appointment will be rescheduled.
Aunts, uncles, grandparents, sitters, etc., can bring children at future visits with your signed approval.
Click to download Patient to print out and bring to the office for your appointment.
Office Visit Guidelines
For the safety and privacy of others we kindly ask that only 1 parent accompany
your child at a time.
- Other children who are not being treated should be left at home. Our only play
- area is the one in the reception room. If you choose to bring siblings we ask that
- you remain in the reception area while we see your child as we do not have staff
- available to watch your children.
- NO cell phones are allowed in the waiting room or clinical areas.
- NO strollers are allowed in the clinical area.
- NO food and drink are allowed in the office. To uphold our stringent standards of infection control neither food nor drink are allowed in the treatment area. Contamination of these products is possible.
When an appointment is made for your child, the time of the doctor, staff and the room is reserved for your child alone. Missed appointments are costly to everyone and prevent us from seeing others in need, possibly in pain. We ask that everyone be diligent in keeping appointments.
Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are subject to a $60 rescheduling charge. Patients who arrive 15 minutes late for appointments may not be seen that day and can be charged a $30 rescheduling fee.
Patients that miss two appointments without 24 hour notice will be dismissed from the practice (includes all family members).
Sonja G. Norris DDS | Children Dentistry | 1040 Charlevoix St Grand Ledge Michigan 48837 | P:517-622-4014 | Notice of Privacy Practices